Monday, December 29, 2008

Cornwallis Drive Traffic

Dear Neighbors, My family and I just moved here in March . Living on Cornwallis Drive is nice . This is our third home in Greensboro and we plan on staying here for a long time . It is so nice to have working nieghborhood discussion about what is going on around us . Many thanks to all for setting up the Elm-Cornwallis Neighborhoods blogspot .

We can all do our part to slow traffic and keep our streets safe by becoming PACECARS (the city has a progam on thier site). I live at the intersection of Elmwood and Cornwallis , due to the grade it is hard to see far . I also see and hear speeding on Elmwood coming down or up to Kimberly Drive . There are hedges along the street here with CHILDREN around ...please slow down . It seems to peak at school drop/pick-up time . The sidewalk project on Cornwallis will help pedestrian safety greatly but will not extend up my block to help Elmwood .

Last notes......... bike lanes on ANY street are not passing lanes . When you turn off of Cornwallis please " guard" your lane . Please stop and let pedestrians walk , at times I feel like I'm up north ! See you all at the meeting , Gregory Young

1 comment:

  1. Is this Greg Young from Lewisville, NC?

    ReplyDelete